Here’s a simple truth:
People won’t buy unless you give them a good reason
to purchase a product or service.
Sometimes this good reason has to do with the product itself, such as the benefits the product delivers. And sometimes this good reason has to do with the way the product makes the prospect feel.
You see, there are a variety of psychological “hot buttons” you can push to presell your prospects on your offers. Read on to discover 27 of the best of these hot buttons…
You can tap into people’s fear of missing out on getting the product by making the product or service scarce.
- Hurry, only 150 seats are available at this workshop, so claim yours now to avoid missing out!
- I can only accept 25 people into this exclusive coaching program, so join now before all the spots are gone…
Tip: Use real scarcity, not “fake” scarcity. So if you’re saying that there are only 150 products available, then close the offer once you’ve reached the limit. Your credibility and future sales depend on it!
This is an extremely popular tactic both online and offline. Simply put, you offer a limited-time discount, thereby creating a fear of missing out on a good deal.
- Order now to lock in the low introductory price of just $25 – but hurry, this offer ends tomorrow!
- You’ll get a whopping 50% off the regular price if you order in the next 48 hours!
Sometimes a good bonus product is enough to push your prospects towards the buying decision. But you can make a bonus offer even more compelling by making it only available for a limited time or only available to a limited number of customers.
- Buy this bodybuilding program now, and you’ll get these training videos for free. But hurry, these videos are only available to those who purchase this offer within the next three days!
- Purchase this copywriting course today and you’ll get the “Headlines Made Easy” ebook absolutely free! But order now, because this bonus is only available to the next 97 customers who order now!
Your prospects think they’re invincible. They also don’t like to think about bad things happening to them.
And yet forcing them to feel the fear of a personal catastrophe can move them towards your “buy now” button.
- Just imagine what would happen if you lost your job today. How would you pay your mortgage? How would you put food on the table? How would you take care of your children?
- If you died tomorrow, how would your family pay for your funeral expenses?
It doesn’t matter who your prospects are or where they live, they all share the universal desire to be happy. And you can tap into this desire whether you’re selling gardening supplies, golf clubs or anything else.
- Just imagine how happy you’ll feel once you lose all the extra weight!
- Nothing makes you happier than pulling trophy trout out of the river, so order now…
No one likes to feel like they’re second best. And no one likes to buy products that are second best. That’s why you can use this desire to get the best (and/or be the best) to your advantage.
- These golf clubs are rated as the #1 best set of clubs by Golf Monthly, so order now!
- When you play with these golf clubs, you’ll become the best player you can be – so order now!
Your prospects want to feel special. They want to get a feeling of exclusivity. And so if you can tap into this trigger with your presell content, you’ll move your prospects towards the order link.
- Order now and you’ll join the elite circle of marketers who’re making a comfortable living working from home.
- Join now and you’ll get instant access to the private members-only forum!
Sure, you’ve heard people say they want to be unique. But the truth is, most people don’t like to stand out from others. That’s because it makes people vulnerable to being ridiculed. They might even feel like outcasts. And so you can alleviate these fears by tapping into your prospect’s desire to conform (i.e., do what others are doing).
- Over 2300 customers can’t be wrong, so order now!
- Order now to join 5500 other satisfied customers who’re learning how to lose weight safely, quickly and easily!
Your prospects are conditioned to follow authority figures. And so if you establish yourself as an authority – or if you get an authority figure to endorse your product – you’ll trigger this conditioning. And that means a higher response rate.
- Four out of five dentists agree that this is the best way to whiten your teeth without a visit to the dentist’s office.
- This joint-care program was created by a doctor, so you know you’re getting accurate, reliable and useful advice.
There’s a certain segment of your market who prides themselves on being the first to buy and use a new product. Just look at certain technology markets and you’ll see what I mean. People will line up around the block to be the first to buy certain gadgets like iPhones. They’ll even pay more than others just to be the first among their friends to get the gadget. No matter what you’re selling, you can tap into this desire, too.
- Your friends are going to be so jealous when they see you with this new laptop!
- Order now to be the first in your neighborhood to read this book!
That’s right, your prospects have a desire to be entertained. If you doubt this, just look at the way many online marketers construct their product launches.
- You’ll see contests, games, controversial reports, funny videos and other pieces that keep prospects entertained. And it doesn’t matter what niche you’re serving, because chances are your prospects will appreciate being entertained, too.
- Need a real life example? Just go to www.blendtec.com to see how this company entertains their prospects while simultaneously demonstrating their products.
Your prospects don’t want to hear about how hard they have to work to get results. So if you’re selling treadmills, you don’t want to remind them that they’ll need to sweat and work hard every day to get results. Instead, you want to “sell the dream” – that is, you want to focus on the end results.
- In just six weeks from now you’ll drop two dress sizes – imagine how good that will feel!
- Now you too can own a successful business and start living the internet lifestyle!
If you can get your prospects curious about the product, then they’ll buy your product just to satisfy that curiosity.
- See page 53 to discover a simple conversion trick that can double your response rate!
- Just wait until you see the mind map on page 27 – you’ll never start a new website again without consulting this tool!
When someone gives you a gift on your birthday, what do you do? That’s right, you give them a gift when their birthday rolls around. This is referred to as reciprocity.
The good news is that it doesn’t just work between friends: You can also use it with your prospects. Just give them something valuable, and they may repay the favor by becoming a customer.
Example: Give your newsletter subscribers a valuable ebook or training video for free: “Download this dog training video absolutely free as my gift to you!” Then include a promotional link from within this freebie.
People buy from those they know, like and trust. And while there’s nothing you can say specifically to build trust with just a sentence or two, you can grow it over time.
- Get your prospects on a mailing list so you can build relationships over time.
- Give some of your best stuff away for free to build trust.
- Be honest with your prospects.
- Recommend the BEST solutions to your prospects (even if recommending those solutions doesn’t put any money in your pocket).
People want to know they’re getting a good deal. They want to feel good about their purchase. And that’s why you need to let prospects know that the offer is more valuable than the money they’re investing.
- This mattress is guaranteed for life – you’ll never have to buy another mattress again!
- Your $99 investment will show you how to save over $2500 on home remodeling costs – guaranteed!
Your prospects (and maybe even your competitors!) have probably pointed out some of your product’s perceived flaws. You can turn these alleged liabilities into assets and close the sale.
- People keep asking why this laptop is so heavy. That’s because it’s virtually indestructible. So if you want a laptop that you can take with you anywhere without fears of it getting destroyed, then you’ll want to order this one right now.
- This PLR content isn’t cheap. But that’s because it is truly premium content – and we’re only selling 50 licenses worldwide.
Your prospects don’t quite believe the claims you’re making. That’s why you need to prove your case using testimonials, endorsements, photos, videos and any other relevant evidence.
- Don’t take my word for it – just look at what these satisfied customers have to say about this program…
- Seeing is believing! Just look at this two minute video to see how you too can turn your dog into a well-trained houseguest.
Your prospects aren’t sure if your product will work for them. And they want to know what you’ll do about it if the product doesn’t work. That’s why you should reverse the risk by offering a money-back guarantee.
- If you’re unsatisfied for any reason, just email me for a prompt and cheerful refund!
- You’ll lose at least 10 pounds or you’ll get your money back – guaranteed!
Maybe your product can do great things for your prospects. But depending on your audience, you may not necessarily want to present your biggest claims, even if they are true. That’s because the big claims might not be believable.
Example: Perhaps you’re selling a business book that teaches people how to build a six-figure business. If this book is actually aimed at your average work at home mom who just wants to make ends meet, you might not emphasize the six figures. Instead, you might say something like this, “Do you need an extra $2000 per month?”
You’re making claims that are believable (as per the prior tip). However, if you just use common, round numbers when sharing data, then your prospects may not believe you. That’s why you need to get specific.
- This simple copywriting trick boosted my conversion rate by 97%!
- I made $1893.45 with this mailing.
That’s right, you can make your prospect feel guilty as a means of pushing him towards the order button. He could feel guilty about not reciprocating when you’ve given him a freebie, or you can make him feel guilty about his current behavior and choices.
- If you’re not using recycling and “go green” guide, then you’re part of the problem!
- Don’t you feel guilty when you eat chips and skip the gym? It’s time to stop feeling guilty. And you can start your new life right now by clicking here…
You can’t just toss an order link in front of your prospects and expect them to drool all over your offer. You need to give them good reasons why they should click on this link. And you do this by sharing with them the benefits they’ll receive if they click through and order.
- If you don’t click this link, nothing is going to change. But click here and you’ll take the first step towards slimming down and becoming a new you!
- If you’ve ever wanted to discover the secrets of growing prize-winning roses, then click here!
People make the initial buying decision based on emotion, but they need to justify their purchase with logic. That’s why you can boost your response rate by helping your prospect justify their purchase.
- Sure, this laptop looks great and it will have all your college friends jealous. But the truth is, it’s an absolute workhorse that gives you all the tools and power you need to be more productive.
- This diet program will get you those ripped abs you’ve always wanted so your body will be beach ready in no time. But you’ll also look and feel healthier than ever before!
Psychologists have actually proven that the word “because” is a trigger that produces more compliance. You don’t even need a particularly strong reason following the word “because,” as it’s the word itself that triggers action and compliance. Still, this tactic will be even more effective for you if you do insert a strong reason after the word “because.”
- So order now, because your financial stability depends on it!
- Order now, because you’re going to like what these clubs do for your golf game!
Earlier I told you that you need to build relationships. But if you haven’t yet built relationships with your prospects, you can still build rapport in your presell content. You do this by telling stories and using other language that helps the reader identify with you.
- I was just like you: Overweight and not feeling very good about myself. And it seems like nothing works. It’s frustrating… and depressing.
- I know what it’s like to struggle to grow a vegetable garden, but it seems like you’re constantly battling with pests.
Your presell content isn’t complete unless you specifically tell your prospects exactly what you want them to do next. This is referred to as a call to action.
- Your next step is easy: Just click here to join the www.traffic-fuel.commembership site, and soon you too will enjoy all the free traffic you could ever want or need!
- All you have to do is click here to discover the secrets of restoring your classic Chevy on a shoestring budget…
And there you have it – 27 hot buttons that you can put to use immediately to start enjoying a better conversion rate. Try ‘em for yourself – I think you’ll like the results!